Thursday, May 17, 2012

Eating in New York


I just took a trip out to New York for work, and as usual I was ecstatic to return to my former residence and my favorite city. As previously mentioned, one of my favorite things to do is to go out and eat, so I had to share my go-to list* with all of you!



1. Shake Shack - I cannot rave enough about this place. Go to Madison Square Park for the full experience, but if you want to get straight to the food they've opened up a number of other locations around town where you won't have to wait an hour. Their burgers use fresh quality ingredients and is really the best tasting burger. (Yes, I think it's better than In N Out!) Make sure to get a concrete as well, it's a mix of their frozen custard and seasonal toppings. If I could eat here every day, I would!

2. Minetta Tavern - Make a reservation or get there early and sit at the bar. Order a Tom Collins and the Bone Marrow and you're off to a great start to your night! One of my favorite and tastiest restaurants around town!

3. Momofuku Milk Bar - Three words: Blueberry & Cream Cookie! You really can't go wrong with anything at the Milk Bar. I like Momofuku as much as the next person, but the Milk Bar is what I dream about back home in California. If anyone wants to mail me a box of Blueberry & Cream and Cornflake cookies, I'd be so grateful!

4. Baohaus - I just can't get enough of their baos! The Chairman Bao stays true to the Taiwanese classic, and the others are so playful and inventive, and most importantly delicious! I always make a point to stop by their shop when I'm in town.

5. Laudree - A little taste of Paris available in New York! You can't get a better tasting macaron out there. My only regret is not having time to make it up the to the Upper East Side during my last trip to get a box! Pistachio is my personal favorite flavor.

Where are your must eat places in New York?

*This isn't my best culinary eats list, but my frequent eats list.

1 comment:

  1. Those sound great! I'm making a note to visit a few on my next trip!! My personal favorites are Carmine's (upper west side location) for amazing family-style Italian and the best focaccia bread EVER, Serendipity 3 for the famous (and delicious!) frozen hot chocolate, and Peanut Butter & Co. for gourmet pb sandwiches. Obviously there are tons of awesome eateries in NYC but these are the ones I try to hit when I'm in town :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...