Thursday, September 1, 2011

From Sea to Shining Sea

I'm doing quite a bit of traveling in the next two months. I have trips planned for New York, Chicago, and San Francisco with a couple music festivals sprinkled in as well. So in the spirit of traveling - I am going to share what I'm most excited about in each of these cities including my home Los Angeles.

Los Angeles -
FYF Fest / September 3:
Los Angeles has an amazing music scene already but it's always fun to spend a whole day devoted to music. Bands I'm most looking forward to: Broken Social Scene, Mister Heavenly, and Smith Westerns.




New York -
Gagosian Gallery: Richard Serra / September 14 - November 26:
It really is tough to pick out just one thing I'm most excited about in New York. Between Fashion Week, the restaurants, shopping, music and art there is just too much to choose from. However, one of my favorite artists, Richard Serra, will be showing at Gagosian Gallery, presenting two new sculptures. He is known for his fantastical site-specific land sculptures that intersect with the ideas of architecture, urban spaces, and landscapes.

Richard Serra - Junction (2011)

San Francisco -
Squat & Gobble:
Although I am going up to San Francisco for Hardly Strictly Bluegrass and Treasure Island Music Festival, I must admit I'm most excited to return to my hometown to eat at Squat & Gobble. I've been eating there since I was in high school. They serve a mix of comfort food and crepes, but my favorite menu item is the Upper Haight Omelette.

Squat and Gobble

Chicago -
This is my first real trip to Chicago, so I'll be exploring the city for the first time. I've done most of the tourist attractions in the short 24 hour trip I made in the past. So I'm mostly looking for the good local spots. If anyone has any tips or fun things to check out, please comment below and let me know.

Can't wait to share more of my travels with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...